I am looking forward to another great season with everyone this year. Please, if you know of any students who are tennis players and would like to be added to this listerv, please have them email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check out specific information from the FHSAA here:
Also, here are some important items to do/know about prior to the season:
- Our first practice will be the week of January 21st
- I am still working on the season practice/match schedule
- Players MUST have an up-to-date FHSAA Physical form filled out and on file with PK before ANY practice/match participation can occur.
- These can be turned in at the front office or at the gym to Coach Barrett
- I will be coaching the Boys & Girls Teams, along with Asst. Coach Matt Miller. I am looking for a second Asst. Coach. If you know someone who may be interested, have them contact me!
Sign-up for the REMIND APP on this page (top right). It is a NEW LINK for this year.
We will order hoodies this year (an additional cost), and there is a spot if other family members would like to purchase additional uniform shirts/hoodies for themselves to support the team or for their players. To get more info and stay up-to-date, please email Coach VB (email@example.com) so you can be added to the team listserv.
- Practices will be held at the Jonesville Tennis Center (JTC), located in NW Gainesville. As this is quite a ride from PK, I suggest players/parents getting together to talk about carpool options. Practice will start at 3:45pm and finish at 5:30pm.
- PLEASE be prompt to pick-up your child from practice. You are welcome to come watch practice or come in a bit before we end to see what’s going on. We will NOT leave a player alone, but we do have families to attend to of our own. 🙂
- Players are welcome to wear anything they feel comfortable in—including of course tennis shoes. Don’t forget to bring a racket—we don’t generally have extras around.
- JTC courts are clay (for anyone wondering).
- We will do our BEST each practice to provide opportunities for players of all levels to participate. This includes drills, games, conditioning, etc.. Sometimes players will be organized by skill level, other times for match-practice, and so forth.
- Our expectation is that ALL players support each other’s growth, keep things positive on the court, and encourage effort.
- Many of our matches will take place in Gainesville. On match days we will need players/families to work on carpooling. For any matches that are outside of Gainesville, we will provide transportation (van/bus) and I would ask that players in the line-up travel TO the match with us. Parents are encouraged to come watch + cheer, and then can pick-up after the match, or meet us back at PK that evening.
**If you would like to add our team Google Calendar to your own, click on the + icon at the bottom right of the calendar below. All practices, matches, and important dates will be added to this calendar.
2018-2019 Practice Schedule, first part
3:45-5:30pm (unless noted otherwise), Jonesville Tennis Center
The 2018-2019 Practice and Match schedule is at the bottom of this webpage.