Performing Arts- auditions/ offerings
P.K. Yonge is proud of high enrollment in the arts and is committed to providing Performing Arts opportunities to every student on campus – through academic performing arts classes and extracurricular activities. The Performing Arts program at P.K. Yonge provides a superior collaborative education for K-12 students in the areas of instrumental music, vocal music, dance, and theatre. Our diverse performing groups include a superior-rated Marching Band, an award-winning Show Choir, a high voltage Rock Band, dynamic musical, innovative theatre programs, comprehensive K-12 vocal programs, an interactive Elementary Orff Schulwerk ensemble, and a vibrant strings program, just to name a few.
We value our relationships with community performing arts organizations and ready our students to be musicians, performers, and lovers of music after graduating from our programs. We would love for you to join us!
Auditions for the next school year
Prospective P.K. Yonge Students
Current P.K. Yonge students
Beginning in elementary school, all students participate in music classes during the school day. All 6th grade students take a performing arts class as part of an exploratory wheel designed to expose students to a wide range of opportunities and can choose band, drama, or instrumental ensemble classes. In later Middle School students may take performing arts, band, and drama classes and in High School the performing arts program offers vocal, instrumental, and theater classes.
- 6th Grade Performing Arts- Mrs. Harding
- 6th Grade Performing Arts Exploratory Wheel – Mrs. Harding
- 7th Grade Performing Arts- Mrs. Harding
- 7th Grade Theatre Exploratory wheel- Mrs. Snyder
- 8th Grade Performing Arts- Mrs. Harding
- MS Beginning Band- Mrs. Burg
- MS Concert Bands- Mrs. Burg
- MS Drama- Mrs. Snyder
- Instrumental Ensemble- Mr. Perez
- HS Symphonic Band – Mr. Perez (must be enrolled in the marching band to participate.)
- HS Vocal Ensemble- Dr. Harris
- HS Women’s Ensemble- Dr. Harris
- HS Chorus- Dr. Harris
- HS Drama- Mrs. Snyder
- HS Guitar- Mr. Perez
Extracurricular opportunities in performing arts are many and varied. Most practice activities take place after school or on weekends and concerts and performances are well attended and enjoyed by our school community.
- Elementary Chorus- Mr. Roberts
- Strings- Mr. Fine
- Spring Musical Theater Production- Mrs. Harding
- Strings- Mr. Fine
- Spring Musical Theater Production- Dr. Harris
- Fall Straight Play Theatre Production- Mrs. Snyder
- HS Marching Band- Mr. Perez (must be enrolled in Symphonic Band class in order to participate )
- Tech Theatre club- Mrs. Burg