CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GIRLS TEAM FOR THEIR HARD WORK TO EARN 2nd AT DISTRICTS THIS YEAR AND ADVANCING TO THE REGIONAL SEMI-FINALS! EXCITED FOR 2022-2023!
A 2021-2022 intro video from Coach Van Boven can be watched anytime by clicking here.
IMPORTANT: Sign-up for our Team Remind App by clicking this link. We use this for important news and updates throughout the season. You can download a cell phone app and check on this website to get updated announcements and info.
I will be available immediately after our first practice (see practice schedule) for some in-person Q&A with families outside of the Jonesville Tennis Facility. Please cover over to say ‘hi’ and ask whatever is on your mind about the season!
You can check out specific information from the FHSAA here:
Also, here are some important items to do/know about prior to the season:
- Our first practice will be the week of January 17th, which is a school holiday.
- I am still working on the season practice/match schedule. It will post here when completed.
- Players MUST have an up-to-date FHSAA Physical form filled out and on file with PK before ANY practice/match participation can occur.
- These can be turned in at the front office or at the gym to Coach Barrett/Coach Brunson (PK Yonge Athletic Directors).
- I will be coaching the Boys & Girls Teams, along with Asst. Coaches Matt Miller (boys) and Abbey Foster (girls).
- Practices will be held at the Jonesville Tennis Center (JTC), located in NW Gainesville. As this is quite a ride from PK, I suggest players/parents getting together to talk about carpool options. Practice will start at 3;35pm and finish by 5:30pm.
- PLEASE be prompt with pick-up from practice. Family are welcome to come watch practice or come in a bit before we end to see what’s going on. We will NOT leave a player alone, but we do have families to attend to of our own. 🙂
- Players are welcome to wear anything they feel comfortable in—including of course tennis shoes.
- JTC courts are clay (for anyone wondering).
- We will do our BEST each practice to provide opportunities for players of all levels to participate. This includes drills, games, conditioning, etc.. Sometimes players will be organized by skill level, other times for match-practice, and so forth.
- Our expectation is that ALL players support each other’s growth, keep things positive on the court, and encourage effort.
*Matches will be added as scheduled.