Lunch / Cafeteria
Our school cafeteria and food services are provided by Alachua County Food and Nutrition Services. Menus and prices are provided below. You can make deposits to your student’s lunch account at My School Bucks. Please note that there is a charge each time you use this service.
Deposits to your child’s lunch account will also be accepted in the Cafeteria office from 7:30 -9:00 a.m. every day and will be posted that same day. If paying by check, please make sure to include your student’s name and student ID#.
Food Allergies? Please complete the Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations and submit to Beth Kavanaugh in the Cafeteria.
Free Meals and Curbside Pick-Up
For the 2020-21 school year, on-campus and off-campus students will be provided free breakfast and lunch.
For Off-Campus Students, breakfast and lunch will be provided to all Virtually P.K. students beginning in the fall.
For detailed information: FREE Meal Service
– P.K. Yonge – Families will come to the Front Gate and tell the gate guard they are here to pick up meals and he will direct them. Families remain in vehicles to pick up meals. Families may not, and will not need to exit their vehicles.
— Buchholz – location TBD
Students/Families will need a form of ID that proves they are a P.K. Yonge student. A student ID card, a report card, or they can show the Skyward app on their phone that shows they are enrolled at P.K. Parents/Guardians may pick up for students (with ID that proves student is a P.K. Yonge student) and siblings can pick up for each other.
Pick Up Days
Tuesdays, 11am-1pm – Meals for Tuesday, Wednesday
Thursdays, 11am-1pm – Meals for Thursday, Friday, Monday
To Sign Up for Free and Reduced Lunch
Visit https://www.yourchoicefresh.com/meal-apps/ (you may need to close the survey pop-up window). Click on Online Meal Application – Select Alachua County Public Schools. We are served by ACPS Food and Nutrition Services.
Questions? Contact Beth Kavanaugh | firstname.lastname@example.org
Free and Reduced Meals
Complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Participants from the prior school year must re-apply before the deadline. The prior year status will be rolled over to get the year started but will revert to full pay on the specified date if no application is received, processed, and approved before that date.
National School Lunch and Breakfast Program provides breakfast and lunch free or at reduced cost for eligible students. Please read below to review the program highlights and how your student and our school may benefit.
For additional support, contact Bryce Stevenson our school liaison for students in transition and homeless families.
Benefit to Your Child and the School
- Your child will have healthy meals available at school
- The school receives additional federal funding based on the number of students eligible for the school meals program – not on the number that participate
- Increased funds are used to hire teachers and tutors who provide extra help to students in reading and mathematics and to purchase reading materials for the classrooms.
Is based on household income and size (it is easier to apply than to try and figure out the eligibility requirements!) If you believe your family may be eligible, complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application (one per family/household). Even if you don’t want your child to get a lunch from the cafeteria go ahead and fill it out. Completing the application benefits our school and your application will be on file if you decide later that you would like your child to participate.
Complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application.
- Families must re-apply each school year for the school meals program whether or not your child was eligible for participation last school year.
- Participants from the previous year must re-apply and be determined eligible before the deadline. Those who do not re-apply before the deadline will revert to FULL PAY.
How Does it Work on a Day to Day Basis?
- Students who are determined to be eligible and use the school meals program will give their Cafeteria ID numbers to the cashier in the same manner as all other students.
- There is no special lunch or code that anyone other than the cashier knows.