2023 FALL CROSS COUNTRY INTEREST MEETING WILL BE TUESDAY, MAY 16TH AT 2:45PM IN THE CAFETERIA. ALL INTERESTED STUDENTS PLEASE ATTEND.
2023 P K Yonge Cross Country Information Guide
Things to consider in preparation for the upcoming season:
- There will be no formal training this summer, though:
- Students will be provided suggested workouts (see attached)
- Runners should be capable of running three miles without stopping when the season begins.
- Tryout date Monday, July 31st
- Coach Dietrich will be coordinating some fun group runs this summer, dates and locations will be disclosed via GroupMe
- At least one pair of shoes designed for running that fit properly.
(May also want an additional pair for races (spikes) though not required)
- Contact information must be provided for each student. Please provided two emergency contacts – (email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org or text Coach Dietrich 352-871-5221)
- Each student will be expected to show respect for coaches and peers. If any inappropriate behavior is observed, it will be noted and reported, and student may lose position on team after two warnings.
- Stay hydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Plan to bring 32 oz. water bottle to practice. Drink water before and after each run.
- Consider wearing sun glasses, hat, sunscreen, and insect repellant when running.
- Don’t overdo it, no more than four/five runs a week
- Each student will need an up to date FHSAA Physical and Parental Consent Form for the 2023/2024 school year. (See attached). Up-to-date forms should be on file with the Athletic Director Kelly Barrett email@example.com )*) no later than July 31st, 2023. If there is not a completed form on file for a student by this date then they will not be able to run with the team.
- COACH CONTACT INFO:
- Larett Dietrich – 352-871-5221
- Once we’ve received contact information for all participants we will form a GroupMe to post up-to-date information concerning practice, and meets.
Don’t forget running is an individual/team sport. We want each student to have fun with your teammates while doing your personal best!