FERPA training is required for all faculty members at the University of Florida and must be completed through https://my.ufl.edu at the time of hire.
Under FERPA Parents Have the Right to:
- Inspect and review their child’s education records within 30 days after the request has been received
- Request to amend inaccuracies or misleading information in their child’s records.
- Limit disclosures of personally identifiable information from their child’s records.
- File a complaint with the Family Policy Compliance Office if they feel their child’s FERPA rights have been violated.
These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond high school level.
FERPA applies to any and all educational institutions receiving funds from the United States Department of Education, from kindergarten through university level.
Visit the Policies and Publications page to find:
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Notification
- Information Privacy | P.K. Yonge
- Information Privacy | UF Statement