Secondary Program Changes for December 1November 20, 2020
Secondary students who wish to CHANGE their program selection for the remainder of the current semester may make that change by submitting this form: P.K. Yonge Program Options | Secondary by Sunday, November 29 at 5pm.
This program change will begin on December 1. For more details, read below.
Program options for January will be addressed after the new emergency order with updated guidelines has been released by the Commissioner of Education. Recent reports in the news indicate that the order may be released while we are on break. P.K. Yonge families should expect to hear more about options for January 2021 in the weeks between Thanksgiving and winter break.
—- PROGRAM CHANGES FOR THIS SEMESTER —-
The opportunity for 6th – 12th grade students to change their program choice (ON/OFF campus) is offered in response to a directive from the Florida Department of Education received on November, 12. The directive set the timeline for change (beginning November 19), and requires P.K. Yonge to offer students the option to meet with teachers face-to-face 5 days a week with class rotations according to students’ schedules.
To make your program CHANGE: P.K. Yonge Program Options | Secondary
—- PROGRAM DETAILS —-
- Updated Bell Schedule (for on-campus and off-campus students)
- Class Locations (Check Skyward for your student’s class locations)
- On-campus students must bring Chromebooks and chargers to school every day.
- On-campus and off-campus students rotate through all four classes each day.
- On-campus students attend class in all four class locations each day.
- On-campus and off-campus students interact with assigned class teachers daily.
- On-campus and off campus learners participate in daily synchronous (real time) instruction.
- Daily plans for synchronous (real time) instruction will be shared with all students via Canvas course homepages and Canvas announcements.
- Students check Canvas courses for specifics regarding real time class meetings.
- Advisory groups will meet on Wednesday, November 18 and will regroup after winter break. The Bell Schedule has been modified accordingly.
- On-campus students will not have assigned seats at lunch.
Health and Safety Information | Reopening Plan 2020-21
- All individuals on campus must wear masks and practice physical distancing according to the UF Mask and Physical Distancing Policy
- Daily Screening protocols are in place.
- Furniture is arranged keeping physical distancing guidelines and student orientation (facing one direction) in mind.
- On-campus students have assigned seats in each class.
- At the end of each day all desks, tables, and chairs are cleaned with disinfectant recommended by UF Health & UF Environmental Health & Safety. All door handles and high touch surfaces are disinfected at the end of each day (and during the day to the extent possible).
Back to Announcements >