Secondary – November 19 Program ChangesNovember 17, 2020
Program changes being implemented in response to the Florida Department of Education directive for our secondary school will begin on Thursday, November 19 and are outlined below.
6th – 12th grade students who indicated they would like to return on Thursday, will start back on campus at 8:00am on Thursday, November 18. Confirmations will be sent via email. Class location handouts and campus maps will be provided to students when they arrive on campus on Thursday and will be posted on the windows of the cafeteria.
For families still wishing to return to campus on December 1, an email will be sent later this week and the deadline for those requests is November 29. Program changes for second semester beginning January 20, 2021 will be addressed at a later time
- On-campus students must bring Chromebooks and chargers to school every day.
- All secondary students rotate through all four classes each day.
- On-campus students attend class in all four class locations each day.
- On-campus and off-campus students interact with assigned class teachers daily.
- On-campus and off campus learners participate in daily synchronous (real time) instruction.Daily plans for synchronous (real time) instruction will be shared with all students via Canvas course homepages and Canvas announcements.
- Students check Canvas courses for specifics regarding real time class meetings.
- Advisory groups will meet on Wednesday, November 18 and will regroup after winter break. The Bell Schedule has been modified accordingly.
- On-campus students will not have assigned seats at lunch.
Health and Safety Information | Reopening Plan 2020-21
- All individuals on campus must wear masks and practice physical distancing according to the UF Mask and Physical Distancing Policy
- Daily Screening protocols are in place.
- Furniture is arranged keeping physical distancing guidelines and student orientation (facing one direction) in mind.
- On-campus students have assigned seats in each class.
- At the end of each day all desks, tables, and chairs are cleaned with disinfectant recommended by UF Health & UF Environmental Health & Safety. All door handles and high touch surfaces are disinfected at the end of each day (and during the day to the extent possible).
Thank you, Blue Wave community, for riding another wave of change with us. We appreciate you!Back to Announcements >