COVID-19 Procedure UpdateFebruary 26, 2021
P.K. Yonge Families — A few changes have been made to the process families follow if their student has received a positive test result for COVID-19 or has been identified as a close contact to a positive case of COVID-19.
UF Health Screen, Test and Protect (STP) will continue to investigate COVID-19 cases and conduct contract tracing however COVID-19 testing will now be managed by the Department of Health in Alachua County. Testing will take place at Fearnside Family Services Center (3600 NE 15th St, Gainesville, FL, 32609) on weekdays from 8:30am-10:30am by appointment. Families must complete a consent form prior to testing (English | Español).
To review the process, please see below. This email is NOT notification of a specific COVID-related event, it is a description of the procedure we follow at P.K. Yonge. The school will continue to make direct contact with families who are affected by COVID-19 related events on campus.
If a student receives a positive COVID-19 test result…
1. The family notifies the school nurse (email@example.com | 352.294.7293).
2. The school notifies UF Health Screen, Test & Protect (STP).
3. UF Health Screen, Test & Protect
– Conducts contact tracing
– Interviews close contacts
– Provides directions to the family about next steps
– Shares contact tracing information with the Florida Department of Health- Alachua
4. The Florida Department of Health- Alachua calls (or leaves a call back number for) families included on the list from UF Health STP to set up testing for day 3 and day 9 after the last exposure. Families should be expecting a call from 352-225-xxxx to schedule a COVID-19 test.
5. Families choosing to be tested make appointments at Fearnside Family Services Center (3600 NE 15th St, Gainesville, FL, 32609) on weekdays from 8:30-10:30am. Consent forms must be completed prior to testing (English| Español).
7. If a test result is POSITIVE, the Florida Department of Health contacts the family by phone and email. STP will also contact the family to begin an investigation and contact tracing.
8. If a day 9 test result is NEGATIVE, students may return to school on day 10 if they have no symptoms. Clearance to return to school may be obtained via the Healthy Together App. If families are not able to receive test results via the Healthy Together App, they must contact STP to be cleared to return to campus.
9. If students opt out of testing, they may return to school on the 15th day, and AFTER they have been cleared to return to campus by UF Health STP.Back to Announcements >