Clinic Update | Coronavirus & FluFebruary 28, 2020
We are all seeing many reports about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the media. The University of Florida is closely monitoring the situation and is prepared to respond appropriately. P.K. Yonge follows the lead of the University of Florida and is staying updated through PKY-UF channels.
For updates and information regarding COVID-19:
- UF Coronavirus Updates
- UF Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19
- CDC – Coronavirus Disease 2019
Individuals with suspected cases of COVID-19, should contact their health care providers or local hospital immediately. Individuals can be evaluated at any local hospital, and tests will be sent to the CDC for evaluation.
Flu Season Reminders
We are still in the midst of the flu season. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) makes helpful recommendations here: Everyday Preventive Actions Can Help Fight Germs, Like Flu (summarized below).
Everyday Preventive Actions
- Get a flu vaccination.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Sick adults/children should stay at home for at least 24 hours after fever is gone.
- Cover eyes/nose/mouth with tissue when coughing/sneezing, throw tissue in trash, wash hands.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Back to Announcements >