Announcements, Wednesday 11/30November 30, 2016
The ASVAB will be taking place December 6, 2016 at 2:30 PM and this will be the only one offered in the fall. Please email Ms. Bryen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
Congratulations to our:
- Girls soccer team for defeating Ft White 7-1
- Boys soccer team for defeating Ft White 8-1
- Girls varsity basketball team for defeating First Academy 70-43
Good Luck to our Boys Middle School Basketball Team tonight at 5:30 against Lincoln Middle School.
The Thespian Club is thrilled to announce the results of their District 2 competition held over Thanksgiving break in St Johns, FL
PK Yonge actors received remarkable ratings. We are one of the few schools in the entire district where each actor who competed ranked in the 2 highest levels awarded by the judges. Congratulations to the following for their performances:
- Riley Vaudreuil, Danny Villamil, Abby Foster, Megan Poole, Sebastian Reina & Briana Weller for EXCELLENT ratings in the category of Musical Theatre Duet.
- Craig Achero and Alex Barba for EXCELLENT ratings in the category of Duet Acting.
- Alex Barba for EXCELLENT ratings in the category of Musical Theatre Solo
- Luis Garcia-Godoy, Aliya Maas, Alex Barba, and Doug Poole for SUPERIOR ratings in the category of Musical Theatre Duet.
- Megan Poole for SUPERIOR ratings in the category of Monologue performance.
- Raven Henry, Kieran Kirby, Aliya Maas, Doug Poole, Luke Sechrest, Jacob Sedesse, Niyin Smith, Luis Garcia-Godoy, Abbey Foster, and Briana Weller for SUPERIOR ratings in the category of Ensemble Acting.
- Alya Maas, Luis Garcia-Godoy, Megan Poole, and Malik Moore for SUPERIOR ratings in the category of Musical Theatre Solo, with Megan and Malik both receiving completely perfect scores from all judges for their performances.
- And Megan Poole, for winning the cash prize District 2 Senior Scholarship award, selected from students across the state who are pursuing performing arts degrees in college!
Students interested in traveling to China – applications for scholarships are due today. Please check the website under extracurricular –> international activities to find an application form.
If you have questions ask Ms Henderson, Mr. Magura, or Dr. Atria
There will be a SADD meeting tomorrow in Coach Hazan’s room Z-1429 during HS lunch. All members please attend.
Middle School BOSS members – Join us for a BOSS meeting tomorrow during lunch in J-306. Grab your lunch and see you there! Don’t forget to wear your BOSS t-shirts.
Join the Creative Photography Club this coming Saturday for a 352 Mural Photo Shoot in and around Gainesville.
There will be a high school National Honor Society meeting on Monday, during high school lunch in Dr. Weller’s room M-350.
Students, gather your best original writing of all types and give it to your English teacher or to Mrs. Harrell (J-311), and the literary magazine staff will consider it for publication in the special, expanded 10th anniversary issue of Creeks and Currents. You may submit work from this year or from past years. Deadline for all submissions is Jan 20, 2017, but the sooner the better. Teachers, you can submit any awesome work your students do in your classes as well.
Congratulations to our 2016 Winter Holiday Art Contest Winners!
- Hannah Powell (11th grade)
- Kacie Bailey (9th grade)
- Shelbie Cooper (6th grade)
- Edrian Javier Colburn-Deliz (3rd grade)Honorable Mentions:
- Isabella Acuna (4th grade)
- Miranda Barnes (9th grade)