Announcements, Wednesday 8/15August 15, 2018
Today is Wednesday, August 15, and it is a B Day. Today you will attend periods 4, 5 and 6. Remember that today is an early dismissal day, so the schedule is a bit different. School will end at 1:40 PM. Look for the bell schedule on the school website under the INFORMATION tab.
THANK YOU for following school procedures related to…
- where to be in the morning (around the cafeteria);
- where to be for virtual classes (the community classroom);
- signing up for lockers (You can still do that today, tomorrow, and Friday during lunch);
- getting your parking passes ($25 in the business office — deadline next Friday!);
- getting to class on time (Don’t be tardy to the Bluewave Party) or getting a tardy slip from one of the kiosks;
- remaining in class during the first and last 10 minutes (We call this “protected time”);
- being where you are supposed to be during lunch (inside the cafeteria or inside the picnic table areas);
- being where you are supposed to be after school;
- and getting through the snack lines during Biscuit Break quickly.
So far the year is off to a great start, and we are grateful to everyone who has contributed to it!
The food truck will be here on Monday, August 20th.
Lost and Found is now located in the front office. Items will be donated each month, so if you lose something, ask about it right away. Found Lunch boxes and other food-related items will be placed on the hallway shelf in the lunchroom.
If you are a male HS student and would like to host a visiting student from China next week, August 20-25, please contact Ms. Henderson in the front office right away. We need TWO host families. HELP!!!!
We are excited about kicking off the 2018 BlueWave football season. We will pump up our team and gear up for our first victory at a Pep Rally on Friday, August 24th, the day of our first home football game. There will be a contest to see which class shows the most spirit by wearing designated colors:
o Seniors – blue
o Juniors – white
o Sophomores – orange
o Freshmen – gray
The Cheerleaders have been planning an awesome Pep Rally, so get ready to GO BLUE WAVE!
Speaking of Football…
The Deadline for 8-12th graders to join the football team is TODAY. New players are to meet in the weight room directly after school each day.
There will be a 6th-12th grade Fall Baseball Meeting on Tuesday, August 21st at 2:45 in the dugout. At this meeting, Coach Brunson will let players know which fall team they will be on — either on the Middle School team or the JV/Varsity Combo team. Fall Ball will start on September 4th. The JV/Varsity Combo team will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30; the Middle School Team will practice on Wednesdays from 2:00-4:00. All Fall Ball games are Away games, and no bus will be provided. All players must have a current Sports Physical on file with Coach Barrett by September 4th. If you have any questions, see Coach Brunson.
Please stand for the pledge: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Have a great day!
Back to Announcements >