Announcements, Wed. 02-23-2022February 23, 2022
Good morning! Today is Wednesday, February 23rd
Congratulations to Blue Wave Varsity Baseball for their 6-3 win over GHS last night. Way to play, Blue Wave!
It’s that time again, your Yongesters softball team lost its home opener by a score of more runs to less runs, but on a Twos Day, Dr. Mundorf was all threes, with 3 hits, 3 runs, and 3 over the shoulder catches. Also, happy belated birthday to Mr. Mathien, he’s 29.
A group of Gainesville teenagers looking to reduce gun violence and gangs in our area have formed the Alachua County Youth Activities Advisory Committee. Congratulations to our very own Nyquan Morris-Hooks for being a founding partner of the 15-member group that will design activities aimed at reducing violence and gang involvement for their peers.
“Seniors looking for scholarships! Go to the high school counseling canvas page announcements for more updated scholarships.”
Middle schoolers, there will be no access to the fields during lunch and after school this week. Our building services team laid grass seed down last week and we need to give it the opportunity to grow.
Grad Bash is here! Here are a few important things you need to know:
- P.K. will be going on Saturday, April 30th.
- We will leave P.K. at 4 p.m. and return the next morning at 4:30 a.m.
- Cost is $90/student and includes travel by charter bus.
- This is a special event, so season passes are not accepted.
- There are 2 forms that must be signed by your parent/guardian and returned to the business office when you purchase your ticket. You will NOT be allowed to go without these signed forms. The forms are available in the Senior Canvas course, and in the front office.
- When you fill out the forms, please choose which bus you’d like to be on, either 1 or 2. We will do our best to honor your choice.
- Tickets are on sale NOW and are due Friday, March 4th. We have to submit our ticket order to Universal, so late orders cannot be accepted.
Please see Mrs. Koppitch for any questions.
Please pause for a moment of silence: Hang up and start again for the pledge
Please stand for the pledge:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Have a wonderful day Blue Wave!Back to Announcements >