Announcements, Tuesday, 10/16October 16, 2018
- A few important messages from School Counseling: First, the October Scholarship Newsletter is available on the School Counseling page of the P.K. Yonge website.
- Second, the Edna M Hart Keeper of the Dream Scholarship is right around the corner. This scholarship is awarded to one Alachua County student every year and recognizes students who demonstrate strong community service, academics, and a commitment to the ideals of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. If you are interested, see Ms. Bryen for an application. The application is due November 1.
- Finally, the North Central Florida College Fair will be on October 20, 2018 from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM at the Martin Luther King Multipurpose Center in Gainesville. Students are asked to bring copies of their transcripts, best test scores, resumes and an essay writing sample.
The Tri-M music honor society meeting is Thursday, October 18th during high school lunch in Dr. Harris’ room A-104 in the PAC.
PKY Carnival is this Thursday from 3pm to 6pm on the North Field. Get your discounted tickets from the ticket sales table on the top circle before and after school through Thursday morning, or buy regular price tickets at Carnival on Thursday. Join in the fun of games & bounce houses, enter to win a Chance Drawing Basket, bid on Silent Auction items, and support our school PTO, clubs, and music ensembles. High School students wishing to earn volunteer hours should used the Signup Genius link on the PTO Facebook page by Wednesday. See you at Carnival on Thursday!
Please stand for the pledge: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
From Ms. Beth, the cafeteria manager:
I would like to thank you all for your excitement during the first week of customization bar. We hope you are enjoying it.
- We will not be serving food during Study Hall TODAY due to a mandatory meeting; we will be open again on Wednesday
- As of Wednesday October 17th we will only have ONE line outside at the café during LUNCH.