Announcements, Tue., 02.23.2021February 23, 2021
Good morning! Today is Tuesday, February 23rd
Thank you for doing a better job of getting to class on time. Remember,
if you arrive before 8:05, do not stop by the tardy kiosk. Go straight to class. The doors open at 7:57AM.
There will be a mandatory BSU meeting on Tuesday 2/23/2021. ALL members must be in attendance.
Students, you must finish your coffee drinks OUTSIDE before entering the building in the morning. Remember, ONLY WATER is allowed in class.
Seniors: If you are back on campus this semester and would like to paint your parking spot, we will have a painting day on Saturday, Feb. 27th from 8:30 am – noon. You must first purchase a parking decal and pay the $10 fee to paint your spot. You can do both of those in the business office. In addition, you must submit your design to Mrs. Koppitch for approval by Wednesday, Feb. 24th. Please plan to be there as early as possible so that you can finish your painting by noon. Look in the Events module in the Senior Canvas Course for what to bring and where to submit your designs.
Those of you who have an online class may spend part of your day in the first floor Commons. These are the expectations for the Commons:
- Students should be seated.
- Students should be working independently.
- Students should be allowing others to learn undisturbed.
- Students should be drinking only water and not eating.
- Students should be seated at tables or sitting in furniture appropriately.
- Students should not enter the circulation desk or sit in the area of the circulation desk.
- Students should leave furniture arranged as it is; it should only be moved with permission.
- Students should exit the building at the end of the day unless they are with a teacher or staff member; students will be supervised in the Commons from 3:15-4:00 PM daily.
Thank you for helping us maintain the Commons as an academic space.
Today we are continuing with the segment to our morning announcements called “Because You Asked.” Today we will answer a couple more questions. If you have a new question, you can turn it in to Mrs. V in the front office or email Dr. Geiger.
Because you asked:
|Why do I have the same first period class as before?||Depending on their grade level and schedule, some students have a class for more than one semester. For example, middle school students are doubling up on math to make sure they are prepared for advanced math classes when they get to high school, and some kids take a lot of band because that’s their passion.|
|Are we going to have field trips or is COVID stopping that?||COVID has put a hold on many of the activities like field trips. Health professionals suggest avoiding bus travel and being in large groups as much as possible.|
Please stand for the pledge: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Have a great day, Blue Wave.Back to Announcements >