Elementary, Middle & High School | Odyssey of The Mind
At P.K.Yonge, Odyssey of the Mind is an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students from 3rd through High school. Team members apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics. They then bring their solutions to competition on the local, state, and World level. Thousands of teams from throughout the U.S. and from about 25 other countries participate in the
Click here for video about Odyssey of the mind
Questions? Email email@example.com
An Interest meeting will be held on 8/23/2022 at 2:35 pm in the daVinci room.
The deadline for committing to any OM Team is Friday, September 2, 2022 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and an email to email@example.com.
Emails will be sent after that date with team and coach information.
Coordinator: Michael Poole, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistants: Angie Gonzalez, email@example.com and Brian Moody, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider the following:
- OM is a yearlong commitment
- Weekly meetings in the fall (Sept. – Dec.)
- Twice weekly second semester (Jan. – May)
- TEAM work is DREAM WORK!
All members must be able to compete at the competitions or the TEAM cannot compete.
- Saturday, February 25, 2023, Gamble Rogers Middle School, 8 am – 6 pm FULL DAY Competition in St. Augustine
- Possible Workshops if interested- JAX area – for coaches only
For the teams that qualify:
- Friday – Saturday State Competition Orlando, April 7 & 8 (Easter Weekend)- Top 3 Teams Qualify for Worlds
- Students/Sponsors may leave right after the competition bc of the holiday but Michael and Angie need to know ASAP
For the qualifying teams that qualify:
- May 24 -27, 2023 Michigan State University – this is Memorial Day Weekend