Leave of Absence
A leave of absence may be granted to a student unable to attend the school because of a change in residence in which she/he will reside outside Alachua County for a predetermined period of time.
Download and complete the Leave of Absence Request and email the completed form to email@example.com. Families may also need to submit a Transcript / Records Release Request if planning to attend another school during their Leave of Absence.
Leave of Absence Procedures
- Leave is granted for one academic year only or the remainder of an academic year.
- Requests for a leave of absence require the approval of the school director.
- Readmission is based on space availability and the review of current grades, test scores, discipline and attendance reports to determine the student meets admission criteria.
- A second year of leave will be approved only for extenuating circumstances as judged by the school director.
- Leave may also be granted to provide an opportunity for students to participate in an educational program, which P.K. Yonge is not able to provide.
Re-Admission from Leave of Absence
When a student is on leave, the director of admissions should be notified, no later than February 1 prior to the school year of the student’s intended return. Failure to notify the school may result in expiration of the leave and the student being dropped from the leave list.
A fee of $50.00 per year is assessed for those students on a leave of absence.
If after the first year, a student’s IEP requires services that P.K. Yonge is not able to provide, they may continue on a leave of absence with no charge. Families do not need to update the leave of absence annually.