Back to School 2021-22
Hi, Everyone! We are eager to see everyone back on campus to start the 2021-22 school year. As we prepare for the coming school year, important dates and information will be shared below. Information will be shared with faculty via email and this page will be updated to reflect additions/changes as details are finalized.
Contact Information | Faculty and Staff Contacts | Where to Go for Help
Lynda Hayes, Director | email@example.com
Carrie Geiger, Principal | firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcus McDonald, Assistant Principal/School Safety Administrator | email@example.com
Kelly Barrett, Athletic Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Hill, Director of Student & Family Services | email@example.com
Christy Gabbard, Director of Program Development & Outreach | firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Neal, Director of Human Resources (P.K. Yonge) | email@example.com
Julie Henderson, Director of Communications | firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates | Dates 2021-22
– July 29, 2021 New Faculty Orientation @ P.K. Yonge – 8:30am -4pm
Watch for email from Dr. Geiger with details
– July 30 & August 2, 2021 Back to School Symposium @ UF College of Education – 8:30am – 3:30pm
1hr lunch, food provided, details below
– August 3 – 6 & 9, 2021 Pre-Planning @ P.K. Yonge – 8:30am – 3:30pm
1hr lunch on own, agenda forthcoming
– August 6, 2021 Pre-Planning Blowout Celebration (off campus) – 4pm
– August 9, 2021 Elementary Blue Wave Preview
11am-12:00pm – Kindergarten — 12:00-1:00pm – 1st – 5th Grade
– August 9, Middle and High School Preview – 3:30-4:30pm
New Faculty Orientation | July 29, 2021 | 8:30am-4pm
New faculty will learn more about teaching at P.K. Yonge, receive an orientation to UF and benefits, and meet members of the P.K. Yonge leadership team.
Questions regarding access to campus, receiving keys, parking, and other work-related items?
Amy Neal | email@example.com
July 30 & August 2, 2021 | Back-to-School Symposium
– Who? All Faculty
– Where? UF College of Education Norman Hall (details forthcoming, park at P.K. Yonge, walk to Norman Hall)
– When? July 30 & August 2, 8:30am -3:30pm
One-hour lunch (food provided), coffee, snacks provided, bring refillable water bottle
– What? Working on the work of P.K. Yonge. See Back to School Symposium Agenda
August 3-6 & 9, 2021 | Preplanning @ P.K. Yonge
– Who? All Faculty
– Where? P.K. Yonge Campus (details forthcoming)
– When? August 3-6 & 9, 2021, 8:30am -3:30pm, 1 hr lunch on own
– What? Preparing for the 2021-22 school year. See: Preplanning Agenda
– Also? Friday afternoon (8/6), an optional Back-to-School Blowout celebration is scheduled for 4pm; details to be shared closer to the time.
August 9, 2021 Elementary Blue Wave Preview – 11am-12:00pm (KG), 12:00-1:00pm (1st-5th)
Each school year, elementary families and students have the opportunity to visit campus prior to school starting. This gives students and families the opportunity to meet teachers and become familiar with their learning spaces.
August 9, Middle and High School Preview – 3:30-4:30pm | Teachers not Required
Students and families are invited to visit campus for an hour on Monday, August 9 in order to become familiar with the campus and the secondary learning spaces. Teachers are not required to host families for this event.