Back to School 2020-21
As we prepare for the 2020-21 school year, important dates and information are shared below.
Communications for Faculty and Staff provides an archive of email updates.
Looking for something specific? Control (PC) OR Command (Mac) + F and type in your search term.
Contact Information | Faculty and Staff Contacts | Where to Go for Help
Lynda Hayes, Director | email@example.com
Carrie Geiger, Principal | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Hill, Director of Student & Family Services | email@example.com
Christy Gabbard, Director of Program Development & Outreach | firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Neal, Director of Human Resources (P.K. Yonge) | email@example.com
Julie Henderson, Director of Communications | firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates | Dates 2020-21
– July 27, 2020 New Faculty Orientation – Virtual | NEW FACULTY | Agenda
– July 27, 28, 29 – B2S Fall 2020 Institute | Virtual | ALL FACULTY (requested) | Agenda
– July 30-31, 2020 – Back to School Symposium | Virtual | ALL FACULTY | Agenda
– August 3-14, 2020 – Professional Learning | Virtual | ALL FACULTY | Agenda August 3-7 | Agenda August 10-14
– August 17-21, 2020 – Pre-planning | 8:30-3:00 | 30min lunch on own | ALL FACULTY | Agenda
Return to School Planning 2020-21
Plans are being developed to support our return to school for the fall of 2020-21. Information will be shared below as it becomes available. Visit Fall 2020 Return to School for emerging plans for our return to school in Fall of 2020.
– Bell Schedule Fall 2020
– Communications for Faculty and Staff – archive of email updates
– COVID-19 Campus Response
– Daily Screening Questions
– Dates 2020-21
– Fall 2020 Secondary Faculty Partnerships – includes break times, locations, coverage
– First Day Reminders | Secondary 2020-21
– Helping Students During COVID – Diana Joyce-Beaulieu Ph.D.
– Reopening Plan 2020-21
– Sample Schedule for Partner Teachers
– Secondary Advisory Groups + ON Campus Cohort Lists 2020-21
– Skyward Room Assignments 2020-21 – for supply deliveries (secondary)
– Syllabi – Common Language – this link also lives on the Forms and Documents page
– Materials Deployment Plans – Ongoing – announced via email and on the Announcements page
– UF Health Space Recommendations
Faculty Meetings | Reopening 2020-21 | July 15, 2020
Elementary Faculty Meeting | Video – forthcoming
Secondary Faculty Meeting | Video – forthcoming
Reopening 2020-21 | Elementary Input | Form closes Sunday July 19 (midnight)
New Faculty Orientation | Agenda
July 27, 2020* | Virtual
New faculty will learn more about teaching at P.K. Yonge, receive an orientation to UF and benefits, and meet members of the P.K. Yonge leadership team. (*For new to P.K. Yonge faculty, orientation will be scheduled to enable participation in extended professional learning activities described below.)
Access to campus, keys, parking, and other work-related items:
Amy Neal | email@example.com
Teaching assignments, curricular materials, equipment:
Christy Gabbard | firstname.lastname@example.org | Carrie Geiger | email@example.com
B2S Fall 2020 Institute | Agenda
July 27, 28, 29*, 2020 | All Faculty (requested)
In an effort to better prepare ourselves for changing circumstances in response to COVID-19, we are asking all faculty to extend their professional learning commitment at the end of the summer.
— Dates: July 27, 28, 29* (dates requested) + July 30, 31 (2020-21 contract days)
— Location: Virtual – Zoom (July 27-31). NO Austin Cary Forest meeting.
— Compensation: $180/person/day (July 27, 28, 29)
— Sign Up: 2020-21 Extended Professional Learning
*For new to P.K. Yonge faculty, orientation will be scheduled to enable participation in professional learning activities.
In addition to extending our work in personalized, mastery-based learning, this professional learning time will support our transition into the 2020-21 school year and extend our capacity to provide remote instruction if required.
The goals of this professional learning time are to (1) respond to the social emotional needs of our students as they return to school (2) accelerate the work underway in designing and implementing our personalized, mastery-based instructional model.
The work focuses on further developing digitally-supported curricular tools (elementary) and enhancing our technology-supported instruction efforts through Canvas (secondary) (3) plan for procedures and expectations needed to facilitate public health precautions on our campus, including in our classroom spaces.
Back-to-School Symposium | Agenda
July 30 & 31, 2020 | All Faculty
Location: Virtual – ZOOM
Compensation: These two dates are included in the 2020-21 faculty contract.
Professional Learning | Agenda Aug. 3-7
August 3-7, 2020 | 8:00 – 3:00 (1-hour lunch) | All Faculty
Professional Learning | Agenda Aug. 10-14
August 10-14, 2020 | 8:00 – 3:00 (1-hour lunch) | All Faculty
Preplanning | Agenda Aug. 17-21
School Year 2020-21 Professional Learning | Wednesday Calendar 2020-21