Annual Activity Fee
The P.K. Yonge activity fee allows all students an equal opportunity to be enriched by the school experience. Like all public schools in Florida, P.K. Yonge does not charge tuition. The activity fee is used to support student activities and services beyond the core instruction programs. Activity fees will not be used to support facilities or school operations. Activity Fee Mission developed by SAC Subcommittee, May, 2012.
Activity fees are $300 per year and are due upon acceptance to P.K. Yonge.
Payments may be delivered by hand to the Cashier in the Business Office with requested enrollment documents, made by credit card, or mailed to P.K. Yonge.
Credit Card Authorization
Secure Fax: 352.392.3042
Re-registration, Activity Fees, and Leave of Absence
Yearly Re-Registration of Currently Enrolled Students
Re-registration is a commitment of attendance for the next academic school year. Students re-register during October for the next academic school year and a $150 non-refundable enrollment fee must be paid at the time of re-registration. The enrollment fee will be applied to the student’s $300 Activity Fee. The remaining $150 of the $300 total activity fee will be requested in March and must be paid in full by April 15.
- October 31: $150 re-enrollment fee due (applied to $300 Activity Fee)
- April 15: $150 balance of the $300 Activity Fee due
Current students who do not re-register by October 31 and pay the $150 re-enrollment fee will NOT be enrolled at P.K. Yonge for the next school year. A parent/guardian may submit a complete application to re-apply and enter the student selection program pool of applicants.
About Activity Fees
The P.K. Yonge School Advisory Council reviews and approves the Activity Fee budget each year.
Activity fees support a wide range of activities, opportunities, and services for our students:
- Athletic teams for 6th-12th grade boys and girls, resulting in a high performing athletics program that has received statewide recognition on a number of occasions
- Performing arts
- A wide variety of clubs sponsored by P.K. Yonge faculty members with many competing at state and national levels (see Clubs)
- Academic field trips and off-campus learning experiences K-12
- School vehicles, fuel, and drivers for student activities, field trips, clubs, and athletic travel
Leave of Absence
A leave of absence may be granted to a student unable to attend the school because of a change in residence in which she/he will reside outside Alachua County for a predetermined period of time. Applications may be obtained from the Admissions Office.
Leave of Absence Procedures
- Leave is granted for one academic year only or the remainder of an academic year.
- Requests for a leave of absence require the approval of the school director.
- Readmission is based on space availability and the review of current grades, test scores, discipline and attendance reports to determine the student meets admission criteria.
- A second year of leave will be approved only for extenuating circumstances as judged by the school director.
- Leave may also be granted to provide an opportunity for students to participate in an educational program, which P.K. Yonge is not able to provide.
Re-admission from Leave of Absence
When a student is on leave, the director of admissions should be notified, no later than February 1 prior to the school year of the student’s intended return. Failure to notify the school may result in expiration of the leave and the student being dropped from the leave list.
A fee of $50.00 per year is assessed for those students on a leave of absence.
If after the first year, a student’s IEP requires services that P.K. Yonge is not able to provide, they may continue on a leave of absence with no charge. Families do not need to update the leave of absence annually.