Leave of Absence Procedures
- Leave is granted for one academic year only or the remainder of an academic year.
- Requests for a leave of absence require the approval of the school director.
- Readmission is based on space availability and the review of current grades, test scores, discipline and attendance reports to determine the student meets admission criteria.
- A second year of leave will be approved only for extenuating circumstances as judged by the school director.
- Leave may also be granted to provide an opportunity for students to participate in an educational program, which P.K. Yonge is not able to provide.
- When a student is on leave, the director of admissions should be notified, no later than February1 prior to the school year of the student’s intended return.
- Failure to notify the school may result in expiration of the leave and the student being dropped from the leave list.