P.K.Yonge has partnered with a rapid communication system called IRIS (Immediate Response Information System). Should school need to close early due to weather, for example, this system would notify you by your choice of home phone, cell phone, or email. In addition, P.K. Yonge will use the IRIS system to keep you up to date on important school-wide information as well as on grade level information relevant to your child(ren).
This system will deliver messages to parents individually within minutes by the communication method(s) of your personal choosing.
Parents can obtain more information about IRIS by viewing their website (www.useiris.com).
A direct link to the Alert Levels page provides information about the types of messages and communications used at each level, i.e. home phone, work phone, cell phone, text message (SMS) or email.
Contact information is available on this website should you have questions regarding the system or you can reach IRIS by calling 1- 866-270-0120. Please note: It is very important that you update any contact information changes into this system. At the same time you update your contact information in this system, please make sure any changes are updated for our school files. You can use this form: P.K. Yonge Contact Information Update.
All P.K. Yonge students have been entered into the IRIS system.
- You will be able to change the contact information in the IRIS system or the way you wish to receive messages by using this link: https://www.irisdispatch.com/users.
- The initial username for students is: “pky” and their student number (ex. pky7500008765).
Check your child’s latest report card for his or her student number.
- The initial password for students is their birth date in MMDDYYYY format (ex. July 4, 1998 would be (07041998).
- You are encouraged to change the username and password in the user profile.
Example: User name: pky7500008765 (Student ID number)
Password: 07041998 (Birthday)
- There are five levels of IRIS alerts which differ based on communication devices contacted. You may choose the one that works best for you by going to the IRIS website.
- P.K. Yonge’s default message level is yellow, which contacts the home phone, pager and also sends e-mail or text message if the P.K. Yonge sender provides text. Some IRIS messages are voice-recorded only and no text is available. IRIS messages will display P.K. Yonge’s phone number 352-392-1554 on your caller ID.