Volunteering at P.K. Yonge
P.K. Yonge is fortunate to have so many wonderful volunteers. Our school has earned the Florida Department of Education 's Golden School Award for the last ten years. The award is presented to recognize elementary, secondary, and adult schools exceptional volunteer programs.
P.K. Yonge Volunteers come in many forms of service
- Classroom volunteers (includes parents, family members, college students)
- Fund Raising for various school groups
- PKYPTO, Band/Sports/PAC Boosters, Safety Patrol, etc., including time spent in meetings
- Business Partners, SAC Members, Coaches (not getting paid), classroom speakers
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Turn the application into the Volunteer Coordinator or the Front Office
- Check into the Front Office every time you come to the school (this is very important)
- See you at P.K. Yonge!
Signing in allows our school personnel to monitor non-staff persons on our campus. P.K. Yonge uses a school check in system that automatically runs background checks on all visitors to the school and records totals for volunteer hours.
- During school hours you must have a name badge/tag issued by the Front Office.
- Remember to stop at the Front Office each time you come to volunteer, eat lunch with your child, chaperone a trip, or for any other visit.
- Remember to bring your Driver’s License or Florida ID into the Front Office with you the first time you come to volunteer each year.
- Our system will issue you a volunteer badge to wear while on site.
Recording off Campus Time
Parents/volunteers can be given volunteer hour log sheets to take home to record any calls, cooking, planning, etc. that may occur there or time spent traveling to chaperon games or other school functions.
The P.K. Yonge Volunteer Application
Completing the Volunteer Application is very important for ALL. A new Volunteer Application must be on file each school year. This protects the volunteers and students.
- Volunteer Application: Page 1 (Record of Volunteer Service) | Page 2
- Volunteer Hours Log: On-line Version | Print Version
If volunteering at P.K. Yonge fulfills a class requirement, please submit the Volunteer Application above and provide verification from your instructor.
For questions, please contact:
Community and Family Liaison
392-1554, ext: 247