Volunteering at P.K. Yonge
P.K. Yonge is fortunate to have so many wonderful volunteers. Our school has earned the Florida Department of Education 's Golden School Award for the last seven years. The award is presented to recognize elementary, secondary, and adult schools that meet rigorous criteria.
Pictured Work of Heart Award Winners 2009-2010
P.K. Yonge Volunteers come in many forms of service
- Classroom volunteers (includes parents, family members, college students)
- Fund Raising for various school groups
- PKYPTO, Band/Sports/PAC Boosters, Safety Patrol, etc., including time spent in meetings
- Business Partners, SAC Members, Coaches (not getting paid), classroom speakers
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Turn into Volunteer Coordinator or Front Office
- Check in to the front office every time you come to the school (this is very important)
- See you at PK Yonge!
Signing in allows our school personnel to monitor non-staff persons on our campus. PK Yonge uses The School Check In system that automatically runs sex offender background checks on all visitors to the school and keep totals for volunteer hours.
- During school hours you must have a name badge/tag issued by the front office.
- Remember to always first stop at the front office when coming to campus to volunteer, eat lunch with your child, chaperon a trip or other visit.
- Remember to bring your Driver’s License or Florida ID into the office with you the first time you come to volunteer each year.
- Our system will issue you a volunteer badge to wear while on site.
Recording off Campus Time
Parents/volunteers can be given volunteer hour log sheets to take home to record any calls, cooking, planning, etc. that may occur there or time spent traveling to chaperon games or other school functions.
The PKY Volunteer Application
Completing the Volunteer Application is very important for ALL. A new one has to be on file each school year. This protects the volunteer as well as the students.
- Volunteer Application: Page 1 (Record of Volunteer Service) | Page 2
- Volunteer Hours Log: On-line Version | Print Version
For questions, please contact:
Community and Family Liaison
392-1554, ext: 247