Applicants satisfactorily evaluated as meeting the criteria stated in Admissions Requirements are eligible to be selected for admission. The admissions office uses a computer software program defined to randomly generate numbers within a specified range, e.g., 1 to 100. The Admissions Officer generates the random number series the first week of each quarter. The P.K. Yonge Admissions Officer, in fulfilling the population needs of the school, uses the defined number sequence to select students within their categorical placement. The random number sequence will also be used in the priority selection process.
Priority in the selection of students will be given as stated below. Qualifying in more than one priority category does not give an applicant any greater priority.
- Faculty & Staff Children - Children of full-time faculty and staff at P.K. Yonge will be admitted on a first priority basis, for the length of the parent's full-time employment at P.K. Yonge, providing an opening exists within the appropriate category.
- Siblings - A sibling in the applicant pool is defined as a brother or sister living in the same household as the enrolled student at the time of the application. This sibling will have priority within his or her category. Sibling status goes into effect the academic year following the qualifying student's enrollment.
- Alumni - Children of P. K. Yonge Alumni will be admitted on a priority basis, provided an opening exists within the appropriate category.
- Performing Fine Arts - Applicants qualify for priority status by completing an audition as required, and being selected and approved, by the PFA Faculty. Qualified PFA applicants will be admitted on a priority basis, provided an opening exists within the appropriate category. The number of students selected via a PFA priority shall be determined by the Director and shall not exceed twenty-five (25%) percent of available positions.
- Administrative Placement - The director of the school may admit a student under special circumstances if space is available and if the student will enrich the student body.
Invitation for Admission
Upon selection, an invitation for Admission will be extended to the applicant's parent(s)/guardian(s). The signed P.K. Yonge Activity Fee Record and payment of the $300 Activity Fee must be received by the school within ten (10) calendar days of the date of the letter, or the Invitation for Admission shall be deemed withdrawn. To qualify for a reduced fee, the most recent Federal income Tax form 1040 is required for verification of family income.
Registration and enrollment for classes are completed pending payment of Activity Fees.
Students are subject to dismissal if any part of the application is omitted or falsified.