2013-14 Deadline Information:
- Return a paper copy application to P.K. Yonge Attendance Office after August 20, 2013
- Apply ONLINE after August 6th, 2013
- All applications (for new or existing Free and Reduced Lunch recipients) must be received by October 1, 2013
Please note that participants from last year must re-apply before the deadline. The prior year status will be rolled over to get the year started but will revert to full pay on the specified date if no application is received, processed, and approved before that date.
Benefit to Your Child and the School
- Your child will have healthy meals available at school
- The school receives additional federal funding based on the number of students eligible for the school meals program - not on the number that participate
- Increased funds are used to hire teachers and tutors who provide extra help to students in reading and mathematics and to purchase reading materials for the classrooms
- Is based on household income and size (it is easier to apply than to try and figure out the eligibility requirements!)
- If you believe your family may be eligible, complete the online application (one per family/household).
- Even if you don’t want your child to get a lunch from the cafeteria go ahead and fill it out. Completing the application benefits our school and your application will be on file if you decide later that you want your child to participate.
- Complete the online application
- Families must re-apply each school year for the school meals program whether or not your child was eligible for participation last school year
- Participants from the previous year must re-apply and be determined eligible before the deadline. Those who do not re-apply before the deadlne will revert to FULL PAY
- Students who are determined to be eligible and use the school meals program will give their Cafeteria ID numbers to the cashier in the same manner as all other students.
- There is no special lunch or code that anyone other than the cashier knows.
This program is a great benefit for our students and we hope that you will take advantage of it. Please apply using the online application. If you do not have access to a computer at home you may access it from any computer, through our website, or you may request a copy of the application through your student's homeroom teacher.