P.K.Yonge Attendance Policy (.pdf)
Now that all parents have access to Skyward Gradebook and are able to view their child's Grades, Assignments, and Attendance; you can help make sure that your child's attendance record is correct.
In Skyward Gradebook you will see the date and class period in which your child was reported absent. If this information is incorrect, you will be able to email the appropriate teacher from within the database to address and resolve the issue.
On occasion, when a student has come in late to class once attendance has already been taken, a change to Late (L) may not have been made in the database - causing the incorrectly reported absence.
After resolving the matter with the teacher, the teacher will then email the Attendance Secretary who will make the correction to your child's record.
Please inspect your child's record in Skyward Gradebook often to stay informed of the details of his or her school days.
Reporting an Absence
- On the morning of each absence, parents report the absence via the Attendance office number at 392-1554 x234. Please include student name, grade, date of absence, reason for absence, parent's name, and daytime phone number for verification. Remember to follow up the call with a Dr.’s and/or parent note which your child will bring with when checking in at the Attendance office upon his/her return to school.
- If you have to speak to the attendance secretary please call 392-1554 x234.
- Upon the student’s return to school, parents/guardians must justify each absence of their student via a doctor's note, a written parent note or other written official documentation as described in the attendance policy section 3a. Parent Communications.
Written documentation must include student name, grade, date of absence, reason for absence, parent’s name, (and signature, when written communication), and daytime phone number for verification.
- Students returning to school after an absence without a documented excuse may be sent to ISS until a parent can be contacted.
All absences not justified within 48 hours of the student’s return to school will remain unexcused.
Please Note: All absences are unexcused unless justified by the parent/guardian and evaluated as excused by the school.
- Prearranged Absence Form - For parents to complete
- Prearranged Absence Assignments Form - For students to provide for teachers
- Contact Information Update Form