National Junior Art Honor Society
“Take of the world its colors and forms, its lines and textures, its balances and movements and spaces; combine all these into a beautiful statement of what it is to be human. Give back to the world the same element of beauty that you as an artist take from it. Create beauty in the world with your talents and your living.”
PROPOSED DATES AND TIMES OF CLUB
The club will meet bi-weekly on Wednesdays during middle school lunch.
Students will participate in three service related art projects during the 2018 – 2019 School Year. These projects may take place on a weekend and or at P.K. yonge School related activities.
Students participate in the Spring Art Show in May by displaying their personal art created in the club workshops.
PURPOSE OF JUNIOR ART HONORS SOCIETY
- Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art;
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art;
- Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire student art enrollment;
- Aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area;
- Bring art to the attention of the school and community;
- Increase an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum; and
- Further aesthetic awareness in all aspects of the school’s total program.
Service activities revolve around school based and community service projects usually in connection with a personal experience or interest of one or more of the students.
REQUIREMENTS OF CLUB
Middle School Students 6 – 8th Grades
Section 1. Membership in this chapter shall be based upon art scholarship, service, and character.
Section 2. To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must be a middle/ junior high school student enrolled in grade 6, 7, OR 8th grade in this school, and have completed a period equivalent to one semester of art in this school.
Section 3. An eligible candidate shall have a minimum art scholarship average of B, or this school’s equivalent. This is the national minimum standard of achievement required for eligibility and shall remain xed.
Section 4. Members may remain active during such time when there is no art on their class schedule.
Section 5. Students enrolled in home-school on a full-time basis and who meet all other eligibility requirements may be considered for NJAHS membership.