Power Hour is scheduled either side of secondary students’ lunch times and is designed to increase equity and access to extracurricular and academic opportunities and support within the scheduled school day, to enhance social-emotional development, to strengthen relationships — among students and between teachers and students, and to help students develop self-direction, time management, and responsibility.
Power Hour FAQ – visit this link to find questions from students and answers from administration and faculty about Power Hour.
To see the calendars for Middle and High School Power Hour options, please scroll down.
- Increases equity and access to extracurricular and academic opportunities and support within the school day
- Enhances social-emotional development
- Strengthens relationships — among students and between teachers and students
- Helps students develop self-direction, time management, and responsibility
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – Additional 30 minutes added to the lunch period
- Middle School – Lunch from 11:45-12:15; Choice time from 12:15-12:45
- High School – Choice time from 11:45-12:15; Lunch from 12:15-12:45
Take care of yourself by…
- Eating lunch
- Using time effectively
- Taking advantage of teacher support
- Taking advantage of extracurricular opportunities
- Being where you are supposed to be
- Being responsible and safe
Take care of each other by…
- Being aware of others’ needs
- Allowing others to have the opportunity to learn
- Keeping others safe
Take care of the school by…
- Following school rules
- Managing your belongings responsibly
- Taking care of your own trash
- Leaving the campus better than you found it
15 Faculty & Staff Members (in addition to teachers) will provide supervision during Power Hour.
Power Hour is considered an integral part of a student’s academic experience. Students are expected to take advantage of opportunities available to them through Power Hour.
The following stipulations apply:
Students are not permitted to leave campus. Food deliveries for students will not be accepted. Students are not permitted in the parking lot areas or front circle drop off area during lunch/power hour. Parents/Guardians who join students for lunch are to check in at the Front Office and will only be permitted in the cafeteria area during lunch (not during choice time). Lunchtime for middle school is 11:45 to 12:15, for high school is 12:15 to 12:45. As always, student appointments should be scheduled outside the school day.