7th Grade Science
I am very excited to be part of the PKY team and look forward to a great year. We will continue to work with the IQWST (Investigating and Questioning the World through Science and Technology) curriculum. In short, IQWST provides a cohesive, integrated, spiraling, inquiry-based learning experience for middle school students. Driving questions engage student who delve into the content, asking questions, designing models, testing hypotheses, analyzing data, and arriving at conclusions, which usually describe important scientific principles. The seventh grade science curriculum is divided into four units,
- Chemistry: Physical and Chemical Changes of Substances
- Physics: Transformation, Conservation, and Transfer of Energy
- Earth Science: Weather and Climate
- Biology: Cells to Systems
Please come prepared for some serious learning!
Ms. Breil, PhD
Office Hours: Monday and Thursday, 12:15-12:45
Note: I am often available at other times by appointment.
If You Miss Class or You Need To Do Something For Class:
- Go into Canvas.
- Look at the lesson outline for the day you are interested in and do the work.
- Make a note of items for which you need help.
- Come and see me outside of class time when you get back so we can make sure you are/get caught up.